1. Who coined the word Microbiome?
Ans) Joshua Lederberg coined the term microbiome to describe an ecosystem of symbiotic and perhaps pathogenic microorganisms residing within a human body.
2. What is the operation Iron Sword aimed at?
Ans) The Israeli Defence Forces have launched Operation Iron Swords in retaliation of terror attacks carried out by Hamas infiltrators in Israel. It is a multiple forces operation aimed at rooting out Hamas terrorists based among Palestinian and Lebanese residents, including those who have infiltrated Israel.
3. What percentage of millet should be there in flour so as to attract no GST?
Ans) Flour containing at least 70% millets will attract zero percent GST if sold loose and 5% if packaged.
4. Why is Niranjan Jyoti in news?
Ans) Union Minister of State for Rural Development, Niranjan Jyoti, has accuse the West Bengal government of irregularities and corruption regarding MGNREGA funds.
5. Why has the Hamas launched Operation Al Aqsa?
Ans) Hamas launched around 5,000 rockets from Gaza to Israel, in addition to capturing Israeli soldiers and civilians, to avenge the ongoing siege of Gaza and the description of the Al Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem, the third holiest place in Islam after Mecca and Medina.
6. Which are the 2 worst countries in terms of Internet Freedom 2023?
Ans) China, followed by Myanmar, is the worst country in terms of Internet Freedom 2023.
7. M S Dhoni has become the brand ambassador of which telecom company?
Ans) Reliance Retail has appointed M S Dhoni as the brand ambassador of JioMart, its e-commerce platform.
8. What is the objective of Sagar Parikrama Phase 9?
Ans) The objective of Sagar Parikrama Phase 9 is to listen to the grievances of fishermen at their doorsteps, witness village level ground realities, promote sustainable fishing and ensure government initiatives f=reach fishermen.
9. What are the provisions on Remote Pilot as per Drone (Amendment) Rules 2023?
Ans) As per the Drone (Amendment) Rules 2023 a government issued proof of address and identity is sufficient to acquire a remote pilot license if the operator does not have a passport.
10. Who will be heading the RBI working group on Credit Loss Based Provisioning Framework?
Ans) Former IIM Bangalore professor R Narayanaswamy will be heading the RBI working group on Credit Loss Based Provisioning Framework.
11. Which country was hit by the tropical storm Idalia?
Ans) Western Cuba, the Cayman Islands and USA have been hit by the tropical storm Idalia.
12. Which state has proposed GPS enabled ankle monitoring for undertrial prisoners?
Ans) The Odisha prison department has proposed GPS enabled ankle monitoring for undertrial prisoners facing non-heinous crimes to decongest prisons and reduce government expenditure on inmates.
13. Why are Lagrange Points L 4 and L5 potential sites for future space colonies and missions to study asteroids?
Ans) The L4 and L5 are home to stable orbits as long as the mass ratio between the two large masses exceeds 24.96.
14. Which is the smallest province of the People’s Republic of China?
Ans) Hainan. Haikou is its capital and a major commercial port.
15. For how long approximately an image persists on the retina before vanishing?
Ans) 1/16th of a second.
16. Which metal is used in the tanning of leather?
Ans) the heavy metal chromium (Cr).
17. When was the Chinsurah factory established by Dutch?
Ans) 1653. It was the headquarters for all Dutch agencies and factories in Bihar, Bengal, Orissa and Bangladesh.
18. When did Italian Gemelli Careri visit Daman?
Ans) Italian physician Gemelli Careri visited Daman in 1695 AD during the reign of Aurangzeb and accounted the Mughal military organisation and administration of the Empire at that time.
19. Which glacier is also known as the third pole?
Ans) Siachen glacier, the longest glacier of the Karakoram range and the second-longest in non-polar areas.
20. What are the major proteins in milk?
Ans) Casein and whey.